The Rubicon Express 4.5″ Super-Flex suspension system for the XJ is designed as a complete suspension system replacement. The stock components of your Xjs suspension are upgraded with Super-Flex front control arms (allowing for proper caster adjustments), front coil and rear leaf spring and all the other components required to outfit your Cherokee with superb 4.5″ suspension lift system.
- Maximum tire size: 32″
- Recommended Tire Size for 1997-2001 Cherokee XJ models: 31″
- Backspacing: 4″-4.75″
- Drilling is required
- Any tire wider than a 10.50″ will need a BSM of 4″-4.75″
- Vehicle will require alignment after kit is installed
- Rear pinion shims required if CV driveshaft used
- Kit comes standard with D35 axle U-bolts
- All ride height increases are approximate and will vary due to vehicle specification (engine size, factory options, trail equipment, etc).
- Over 3.5″ of lift on a full time NP242 unit may cause unacceptable vibrations on the front driveshaft when driven in part time or locked constant use 4WD.
- 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Year(s): 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001
Required Parts by Manufacturer:
- For a Dana 44 Rear Axle, a Rubicon Express U-Bolt Kit, RUB-RE2445, is required.
- For a C8.25 Rear Axle, a Rubicon Express U-Bolt Kit, RUB-RE1225, is required
- Increased ground clearance
- Improves trail flexibility
- Rubicon Express Advantage Lifetime Warranty
- (2) Front MonoTube Shocks
- (2) Rear MonoTube Shocks
- (2) Front Coil Springs
- (2) Rear Leaf Springs with Bushings
- (2) Gen II Sway Bar Disconnects
- (2) Front Bump Stop Extensions
- (2) Front Fixed Lower Super-Flex Control Arms
- (2) Front Adjustable Upper Super-Flex Control Arms
- (2) Rear Greaseable Shackles
- (2) Front Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- (1) Rear Stainless Steel Brake Line
- (1) Front Adjustable Track Bar
- (1) Transfer Case Lowering Kit
- (1) U-Bolt Kit for Dana 35 Rear Axle