The Rubicon Express 4.5″ Super-Flex suspension system for the XJ is designed as a complete suspension system replacement. The stock components of your Xj’s suspension are upgraded with Super-Flex front control arms (allowing for proper caster adjustments), front coil and rear add-a-leafs and all the other components required to outfit your Cherokee with superb 4.5″ suspension lift system.
- Maximum tire size: 32″
- Recommended Tire Size for 1997-2001 Cherokee XJ models: 31″
- Backspacing: 4″-4.75″
- Any tire wider than a 10.50″ will need a BSM of 4″-4.75″
- Vehicle will require alignment after kit is installed
- Rear pinion shims required if CV driveshaft used
- Kit comes standard with D35 axle U-bolts
- All ride height increases are approximate and will vary due to vehicle specification (engine size, factory options, trail equipment, etc).
- Over 3.5″ of lift on a full time NP242 unit may cause unacceptable vibrations on the front driveshaft when driven in part time or locked constant use 4WD.
Required Parts by Manufacturer:
- For a Dana 44 Rear Axle, a Rubicon Express U-Bolt Kit, RUB-RE2445, is required.
- For a C8.25 Rear Axle, a Rubicon Express U-Bolt Kit, RUB-RE1225, is required.
- 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Year(s): 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001
Features and Benefits:
- Increased ground clearance
- Improves trail flexibility
- Rubicon Express Advantage Lifetime Warranty
- (2) Front Coil Springs
- (2) Rear Add-A-Leaf Springs
- (2) Gen II Sway Bar Disconnects
- (2) Front Bump Stop Extensions
- (2) Front Fixed Lower Super-Flex Control Arms
- (2) Front Adjustable Upper Super-Flex Control Arms
- (2) Leaf Spring Center Pins
- (4) Spring Clamp Clips
- (2) Front Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- (1) Rear Stainless Steel Brake Line
- (1) Front Adjustable Track Bar
- (1) Transfer Case Lowering Kit
- (1) 1.5″ Rear Lift Block and Dana 35 U-Bolt Kit