The Rubicon Express 3.5″ Super-Flex suspension system for the XJ Cherokee owner who wants a little less lift than the 4.5″ at a more affordable price. The lower control arms of your XJ’s suspension are upgraded with our Super-Flex front control arms while the stock upper control arms are retained. The 3.5″ Super-Flex system will improve the trail flexibility of your XJ while retaining a comfortable street ride.
- Maximum tire size: 31″
- Recommended Tire Size for 1997-2001 Cherokee XJ models: 30″
- Backspacing: 4″-4.75″
- Any tire wider than a 10.50″ will need a BSM of 4″-4.75″
- Vehicle will require alignment after kit is installed
- Rear pinion shims required if CV driveshaft used
- Kit comes standard with D35 axle U-bolts
- All ride height increases are approximate and will vary due to vehicle specification (engine size, factory options, trail equipment, etc).
- Over 3.5″ of lift on a full time NP242 unit may cause unacceptable vibrations on the front driveshaft when driven in part time or locked constant use 4WD.
- 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Year(s): 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001
Required Parts by Manufacturer:
- For a Dana 44 Rear Axle, a Rubicon Express U-Bolt Kit, RUB-RE2445, is required.
- For a C8.25 Rear Axle, a Rubicon Express U-Bolt Kit, RUB-RE1225, is required.
- Ideal kit for those on a smaller budget
- Improves trail flexibility
- Rubicon Express Advantage Lifetime Warranty
- (2) Front MonoTube Shocks
- (2) Rear MonoTube Shocks
- (2) Front Coil Springs
- (2) Rear Leaf Springs with Bushings
- (2) Extreme Duty Sway Bar Disconnects
- (2) Front Bump Stop Extensions
- (2) Front Fixed Lower Super-Flex Control Arms
- (1) Rear Stainless Steel Brake Line
- (1) Rear U-Bolt Kit for Dana 35 Rear Axle